- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 559
- Fat Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12g
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Sodium Content: 2.5g
Halloumi with lemony lentils, chickpeas & beets
- puy-lentils - 200g Puy lentils
- lemon - 2 lemons
- red-onion - 1 red onion, finely sliced
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- caper - 3 tbsp capers, very roughly chopped
- chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- beetroot - 250g cooked beetroot, cut into matchsticks
- parsley - 1/2 small pack parsley, roughly chopped
- halloumi - 250g pack halloumi, cut into 8 slices
- Cook the lentils in a pan of boiling water for 20-25 mins or until just done. Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from one lemon into a bowl. Add the onion and scrunch together with a pinch of salt to pickle slightly. Set aside.
- Finely zest the remaining lemon and set aside for the halloumi. Squeeze the juice into a jam jar or jug. Add the oil with a pinch of seasoning and the capers - shake well and set aside. When the lentils are ready, drain and tip into a large serving bowl with the chickpeas. Toss with the dressing straight away, then toss through the beets, parsley, pickled onions and their juice.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the halloumi for 1-2 mins each side or until golden brown. Toss with the lemon zest, then place on top of your salad to serve.
Storecupboard recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has puy lentils, lemon, red onion, extra virgin olive oil, caper, chickpea, beetroot, parsley and halloumi.