- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 606
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12g
- Carbohydrate Content: 77g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Sodium Content: 4.29g
Ham, spinach & artichoke pizza pie
- young-leaf-spinach - 200g fresh young leaf spinach
- bread - 500g pack bread -mix
- tomato-sauce - 6 rounded tbsp tomato sauce, passata or pasta sauce from a jar
- artichoke-heart - 6 artichoke hearts from a can, jar or the deli counter
- creme-fraiche - 4 rounded tbsp creme fraiche
- ham - 4 thin slices ham, cut in half
- emmental - 100g grated emmental or gruyere
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Wash the spinach, place in a colander in the sink, then pour over a kettleful of boiling water, to wilt the leaves. Drain well, pressing out as much water as possible, then roughly chop.
- Make up the bread mix following pack instructions, then divide in half. Roll out one half to a round about 35cm, then transfer to an oiled baking sheet. Thinly spread with tomato sauce to within 2cm of the edge, then season with salt and pepper. Drain and dry the artichoke hearts if they come from a can or jar, then thickly slice. Scatter over the tomato sauce with the spinach, then space about 8 dollops of creme fraiche on top, covering each with half a slice of ham. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Roll out the other half of the dough to the same size as the first one. Brush the edges of the dough with water and cover the round of dough and vegetables, pressing the edges to seal them. Make a slit in the centre of the dough with the point of a knife, then bake for 25-30 mins until golden and crisp. Cut into wedges and serve with a green salad.
- To prepare ahead: Make up the pizza pie and freeze, uncooked, on the baking sheet, then remove and wrap in foil when firm. To cook, return to the baking sheet and leave to defrost for 2 hrs, then cook as above. If you prefer to freeze it ready-cooked, simply defrost and reheat in the oven for 10 mins.
Pizza recipe for 4 – 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has young leaf spinach, bread, tomato sauce, artichoke heart, crème fraîche, ham and emmental.Add to Favourites