- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 757
- Fat Content: 37g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20g
- Carbohydrate Content: 63g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 17g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Sodium Content: 4.6g
Ham & veg crumble
- butter - 100g butter
- leek - 2 leeks, chopped
- carrot - 3 carrots, chopped
- parsnip - 3 parsnips, chopped
- celeriac - 1/2 celeriac, chopped
- plain-flour - 200g plain flour
- vegetable-stock - 500ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- ham - 400g cooked ham, cut into chunky slices from a joint, then shredded
- creme-fraiche - 200g tub low-fat creme fraiche
- wholegrain-mustard - 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large frying pan, chop the remaining butter into small chunks and put in the fridge. Add the leeks, carrots, parsnips and celeriac to the pan with a splash of water, season, cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 mins, stirring now and then, until the veg is beginning to soften.
- Stir in 2 tbsp plain flour, then add the stock bit by bit, stirring as you go, until all incorporated and smooth. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 6. Add the ham, all but 2 tbsp of the creme fraiche, and the mustard, season with plenty of black pepper and transfer to an ovenproof baking dish. Put the remaining butter and flour in a bowl and season. Rub together with your fingers to a fine crumbly texture. Add the remaining creme fraiche and mix with a cutlery knife until the crumble clumps together in places. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the filling, then bake for 35-40 mins until crispy and golden on top.
Christmas leftovers recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, leek, carrot, parsnip, celeriac, plain flour, vegetable stock, ham, crème fraîche and wholegrain mustard.