- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 153
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 1.61g
Hash browns with mustard & smoked salmon
- potato - 1 large potato (about350g/12oz), washed
- plain-flour - 1 tbsp plain flour
- wholegrain-mustard - 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard or horseradish sauce
- butter - knob of butter
- sunflower-oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- smoked-salmon - 4 slices smoked salmon
- creme-fraiche - soured cream or creme fraiche, to serve
- chive - chives, to serve
- Grate the unpeeled potato onto a clean tea towel. Bring up the edges of the towel, then squeeze over the sink to remove any excess water in the potatoes. Tip into a bowl and add the flour and mustard or horseradish. Season well and mix together.
- Divide the mixture into 8 balls and flatten between your hands. Heat a large frying pan with the butter and oil, then add the potatoes to the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins on each side, over a medium heat, until golden.
- Stack a couple of hash browns on each serving plate and top with a slice of smoked salmon, a dollop of soured cream or creme fraiche and some chives to serve.
Low-calorie breakfast recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has potato, plain flour, wholegrain mustard, butter, sunflower oil, smoked salmon, crème fraîche and chive.