- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 145
- Fat Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Healthy banana bread
- spread - low-fat spread, for the tin, plus extra to serve
- wholemeal-flour - 140g wholemeal flour
- self-raising-flour - 100g self-raising flour
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- banana - 300g mashed banana from overripe black bananas
- agave-syrup - 4 tbsp agave syrup
- egg - 3 large eggs, beaten with a fork
- natural-yogurt - 150ml pot low-fat natural yogurt
- pecan - 25g chopped pecan or walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment (allow it to come 2cm above top of tin). Mix the flours, bicarb, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the bananas, syrup, eggs and yogurt. Quickly stir into dry ingredients, then gently scrape into the tin and scatter with nuts, if using. Bake for 1 hr 10 mins-1 hr 15 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in tin on a wire rack. Eat warm or at room temperature, with low-fat spread.
Heart-healthy recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has spread, wholemeal flour, self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, banana, agave syrup, egg, natural yogurt and pecan.