- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 107
- Fat Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.16g
Healthy Easter bunny pancakes
- self-raising-flour - 50g self-raising flour
- wholemeal-flour - 50g wholemeal flour
- egg - 2 small eggs, separated
- skimmed-milk - 150ml skimmed milk
- oil - oil, for frying
- raisins - a few raisins for bunny paws, to serve (optional)
- banana - 30g banana, sliced into rounds for the tails
- fruit - extra chopped fruit, to serve
- Put both the flours into a largebowlandwhiskto break up any lumps. Add the egg yolks and a little of the milk, whisking to a thick paste. Add the remaining milk, a splash at a time, to loosen the batter.(Use whole or semi-skimmed milk if cooking for under fives, dependent on age.)
- In a separate bowl and using a clean whisk, whisk the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter with a spatula, trying to keep in as much air as possible.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper. Using a large spoon, add a generous dollop of batter to the pan in a round, for the bunny body. Add a smaller round for the head, two small ovals for feet, and two long thin strips for ears. Fit all the bunny components into the pan, or cook them in batches.
- Flip the pancakes after a minute or two, once the edges are set, the base is golden brown and bubbles start to pop on the surface. Cook for another min until golden brown.
- Put the bunny body in the middle of the plate, position the head, ears and feet just overlapping to look like the back of a bunny. Add a banana slice for the tail, and raisins (if using) for the feet pads.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. Decorate with extra chopped fruit, if you like.
Easter kids’ recipe for 4-6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, wholemeal flour, egg, skimmed milk, oil, raisins, banana and fruit.