- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 230
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 0.13g
Herbed chicken skewers
- new-potato - 500g tiny new potatoes - look for packets of tiny or baby new potatoes, or pick out the smallest ones you can find if they are sold loose
- parsley - 3 tbsp each of chopped parsley, mint and chives
- olive-oil - 6 tbsp olive oil
- lemon-juice - 2 tbsp lemon juice
- chicken-breast - 500g skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3cm chunks
- red-onion - 1 red onion, peeled
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 3cm chunks
- lemon - 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- tomato - 8 ripe tomatoes - vine grown tomatoes tend to have the best flavour
- chilli - 2 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- white-wine-vinegar - 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- If using wooden or bamboo skewers soak eight in cold water for about half an hour. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes, until just tender, drain and leave to cool. Mix the herbs, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and add the chicken and potatoes. Mix well until everything is glistening. Cut the onion into 6 wedges, then separate the layers on each wedge. Add the onion and the pepper to the marinade and mix thoroughly.
- To make the relish, halve and seed the tomatoes, then chop the flesh finely. Mix the tomatoes, chillies, garlic, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and spoon into a small dish.
- Thread the chicken, potatoes, peppers and onion onto 8 skewers, finishing each with a lemon wedge. Barbecue directly over a medium high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side, until the chicken is cooked. Serve piled on a serving platter with the tomato relish.
High-protein recipe for 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has new potato, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, chicken breast, red onion, red pepper, lemon, tomato, chilli, garlic clove, olive oil and white wine vinegar.