- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 397
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Sodium Content: 0g
Herbed pork fillet with roast vegetables
- parsnip - 4 medium parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthways
- butternut-squash - 1 butternut squash (about 650g/1lb 7oz), peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- red-onion - 2 red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- lemon - grated zest of 1 lemon
- pork-seasoning - 2 tsp pork seasoning or dried mixed Italian herbs
- pork-tenderloin - 500g lean pork tenderloin, in one or two pieces
- bramley-apple - 1 medium Bramley apple
- chicken-stock - 400ml hot chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ gas 6/fan 180C. Put all the vegetables into a roasting tin. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then toss everything together.
- On a plate, mix together the lemon zest and pork seasoning or herbs. Roll the pork tenderloin in the mixture, then put it on top of the vegetables. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Peel and core the apple and cut it into chunks. Scatter the pieces into the roasting tin, then pour in the hot stock and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Slice the pork, arrange on a platter with the veg, then spoon the pan juices on top.
Healthy pork recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has parsnip, butternut squash, red onion, olive oil, lemon, pork seasoning, pork tenderloin, bramley apple and chicken stock.