- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 229
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Herby celery & bulgur salad
- bulgur-wheat - 200g bulgur wheat
- celery - 1 bunch celery
- apple - 1 dessert apple
- lemon - juice 1 lemon
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- hazelnut - handful toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- pomegranate - large handful pomegranate seeds
- parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- mint - small bunch mint, chopped
- tarragon - small bunch tarragon, chopped
- Put the bulgur wheat in a large bowl and just cover with boiling water. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 30 mins to absorb all the water.
- Meanwhile, separate the sticks of celery and set the leaves aside. Very finely slice the celery and roughly chop the leaves. Cut the apple into fine matchsticks and toss in a little lemon juice. In a bowl, mix the remaining lemon juice with the oil and some seasoning to make a dressing.
- Gently fluff up the bulgur with a fork. Mix the sliced celery and apple through the bulgur, followed by the nuts, chilli, pomegranate seeds and herbs. Drizzle over the dressing and toss everything together gently. Scatter with the celery leaves and serve.
Dairy-free lunch recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has bulgur wheat, celery, apple, lemon, olive oil, hazelnut, red chilli, pomegranate, parsley, mint and tarragon.