- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 352
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
Herby chicken gyros
- skinless-chicken-breast - 1 large skinless chicken breast
- rapeseed-oil - rapeseed oil, for brushing
- garlic-clove - small garlic clove, crushed
- oregano - 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- greek-yogurt - 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- cucumber - 10 cm piece cucumber, grated, excess juice squeezed out
- mint - 2 tbsp chopped mint, plus a few leaves to serve
- pitta-bread - 2 wholemeal pitta breads
- tomatoes - 2 red or yellow tomatoes, sliced
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper from a jar (not in oil), deseeded and sliced
- Cut the chicken breast in half lengthways, then cover with cling film and bash with a rolling pin to flatten it. Brush with some oil, then cover with the garlic, oregano and some pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the chicken for a few mins each side. Meanwhile, mix the yogurt, cucumber and mint to make tzatziki.
- Cut the tops from the pittas along their longest side and stuff with the chicken, tomato, pepper and tzatziki. Poke in a few mint leaves to serve. If taking to the office for lunch, pack the tzatziki in a separate pot and add just before eating to prevent the pitta going soggy before lunchtime.
Lunchbox recipe for 2 people, takes only 4 mins; recipe has skinless chicken breast, rapeseed oil, garlic clove, oregano, greek yogurt, cucumber, mint, pitta bread, tomatoes and red pepper.