- Serving: 4 as a main, 6 as a side
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 271
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Sugar Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 1.9g
Herby feta & nectarine salad with lemon poppy seed dressing
- green-bean - 200g green bean, trimmed
- nectarine - 3 ripe nectarines, halved, stoned and chopped into chunks
- cucumber - 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds scooped out with a teaspoon, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- red-onion - 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- mint - small bunch mint, leaves picked
- dill - small bunch dill, very roughly chopped
- coriander - small bunch coriander, very roughly chopped
- feta-cheese - 200g pack good-quality feta cheese (we used barrel-aged from Waitrose)
- lemon - juice 1 lemon
- white-wine-vinegar - 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- sugar - 1 tbsp sugar
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- poppy-seed - 1 tbsp poppy seed
- First, make the dressing. Combine the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and oil with some seasoning. Lightly toast the poppy seeds in a small frying pan.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the beans and cook for 2-3 mins until just tender but still with a bit of crunch. Drain and cool under cold running water, then drain again and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Just before serving, tip the beans, nectarine chunks, cucumber, onion and herbs onto a big salad platter or bowl. Finely crumble over the feta. Add the poppy seeds to the dressing and give it a good shake or whisk. Pour over the salad and toss everything together.
Al fresco recipe for 4 as a main, 6 as a side people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has green bean, nectarine, cucumber, red onion, mint, dill, coriander, feta cheese, lemon, white wine vinegar, sugar, olive oil and poppy seed.