- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 388
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Homemade burgers with sweet potato wedges
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- red-onion - 1 red onion, finely chopped
- minced-beef - 500g lean minced beef or turkey
- egg - 1 egg
- cream - 12 cream crackers, bashed to fine crumbs
- chilli-paste - 2 tsp chilli paste
- garlic - 2 tsp garlic paste
- brown-sauce - 1 tsp each, tomato ketchup and brown sauce
- plain-flour - 2 tbsp plain flour
- roll - 6 hamburger rolls, toasted, to serve
- salad - toppings of your choice (relish, chutney and salad ), to serve
- sweet-potato - 4 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- paprika - 1 tsp paprika
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for about 5 mins or until soft. Leave to cool slightly. When cool, put the onion in a large bowl with the mince, egg, bashed crackers, chilli, garlic, ketchup and brown sauce, and mix well to combine. Divide the mince into 6, roll into balls and flatten each into a nice fat burger.
- Put the flour on a plate, dab each burger to the flour on both sides, then transfer to a baking tray. Wrap with cling film and pop in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. To make the wedges, put the sweet potato on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika, season, then give them a good shake or shuffle around with your hands to make sure they're well coated. Roast for 30-40 mins depending on how crisp you like them. Make sure you give them a good shake a couple of times to ensure they cook evenly.
- When the wedges have been cooking for 10 mins, drizzle the burgers with a little olive oil and put them in the oven to cook with the wedges for the remaining 20-30 mins, flipping them halfway. 5 Serve the burgers in the rolls with your choice of toppings, and a good helping of wedges on the side.
Healthy sweet potato recipe for 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, red onion, minced beef, egg, cream, chilli paste, garlic, brown sauce, plain flour, roll, salad, sweet potato, olive oil and paprika.