- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 326
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Sodium Content: 0.82g
Honey mustard chicken pot with parsnips
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- chicken-thigh - 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- onion - 2 onions, finely chopped
- parsnip - 350g parsnip, cut into sticks
- vegetable-stock - 300ml vegetable stock
- wholegrain-mustard - 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- clear-honey - 2 tbsp clear honey
- thyme - few thyme sprigs
- flat-leaf-parsley - flat-leaf parsley, to serve (optional)
- Heat half the oil in a largefrying panor shallow casserole with a lid. Brown the chicken until golden, then set aside. Heat the remaining oil, then cook the onions for 5 mins until softened.
- Nestle the thighs back amongst the onions and add the parnips. Mix the stock with the mustard and honey, then pour in. Scatter over the thyme, then bring to a simmer. Cover, then cook for 30 mins (or longer, see tip) until the chicken is tender, then season. Serve with steamed greens.
Cheap cut recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, chicken thigh, onion, parsnip, vegetable stock, wholegrain mustard, clear honey, thyme and flat-leaf parsley.