- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 615
- Fat Content: 38g
- Saturated Fat Content: 23g
- Carbohydrate Content: 68g
- Sugar Content: 54g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 1.06g
Hooting Halloween owls
- butter - 280g butter, softened
- golden-caster-sugar - 280g golden caster sugar
- self-raising-flour - 200g self-raising flour, minus 1 rounded tbsp
- cocoa-powder - 1 rounded tbsp cocoa powder
- egg - 6 medium eggs
- butter - 200g butter, softened
- icing-sugar - 280g icing sugar, sifted
- ready-to-use-icing - 1 tube orange ready-to-use icing
- malteser - 1 small bag Maltesers
- m&m - 1 tube choco M&Ms minis (use just the brown sweets) or Cadbury's mini buttons
- jelly-diamond - 1 tub jelly diamonds (just the orange ones)
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with brown muffin cases. Beat the first 5 ingredients to a smooth batter and spoon between the cases, almost filling them to the top. You may have a little left over. Bake for 20-25 mins until risen and spongy. Cool on a rack.
- Beat the butter and icing sugar until smooth. Slice off the very tops of the cakes and cut each piece in half. Spread a generous layer of icing over each cake.
- Working on one cake at a time, squirt a pea-sized blob of orange icing onto two Maltesers and use to fix a brown M&M on each. Sit the eyes, two pieces of cake top (curved edge up) and a jelly diamond on the icing to make an owl.
Halloween cake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, golden caster sugar, self-raising flour, cocoa powder, egg, butter, icing sugar, ready-to-use icing, malteser, m&m and jelly diamond.