- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 498
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 58g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 0.56g
Hot BBQ beef, horseradish & pasta salad
- rump-steak - 450g lean rump steak
- worcestershire-sauce - 2 tbsp dairy and wheat-free Worcestershire sauce
- black-pepper - 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- fusilli - 250g 'Free From' fusilli pasta (we used Sainsbury's)
- spring-onion - 1 bunch spring onion, thinly sliced
- red-pepper - 3 red peppers, grilled to remove the skins, deseeded and thickly sliced
- basil - small bunch basil, torn
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sherry-vinegar - 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- horseradish - 2-3 tbsp freshly grated horseradish, to taste
- Marinate the steak in the Worcester sauce for 10 mins and sprinkle over the black pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, drain, then toss with the spring onions, peppers and basil. Mix the dressing ingredients together, season, then set aside.
- Heat the barbecue or a griddle pan until very hot. Cook the steak for 3 mins on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Cut into thick slices, then toss into the pasta with the dressing. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
Dairy-free recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has rump steak, worcestershire sauce, black pepper, fusilli, spring onion, red pepper, basil, extra-virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar and horseradish.