- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 417
- Fat Content: 32g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
Ice cream sundae bar
- ice-cream - 3 tubs of ice cream
- ice - 2 bags of ice
- sweets - assorted sprinkles, sweets and berries
- strawberry - 400g strawberries, hulled
- caster-sugar - 100g golden caster sugar
- vanilla-extract - 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- lemon - 1 lemon, juiced
- mars-bars - 2 large Mars bars or other chocolate caramel bars, chopped
- whipping-cream - 200ml whipping cream
- chocolate - 150g white, milk or dark chocolate
- sprinkles - 1 tub sprinkles
- ice-cream-cones - 8 ice cream cones
- To make the cones, slowly melt the chocolate in a microwave or a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Pour the sprinkles into a bowl. Dip the rim of a cone into the chocolate, shake off any excess, then dip it into the sprinkles. Leave upright to dry and repeat with the rest.
- Make the chocolate sauce by heating and stirring the chocolate bars and cream together in a pan over a low heat. Keep warm and transfer to a squeezy bottle when needed.
- To make the strawberry sauce, tip the berries into a pan with the sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and a splash of water. Heat gently until the strawberries start to release their juices. Mash or blend the contents of the pan, then push through a fine sieve to remove any pips. Leave to cool and transfer to a squeezy bottle or jug.
- Arrange the ice cream tubs (lids off ) in a large bowl or bucket filled with ice. Arrange the cones, squeezy bottles and assorted sprinkles, sweets and berries in bowls alongside, so that the kids can help themselves, adding the toppings of their choice.
Ice cream recipe for 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has ice cream, ice, sweets, strawberry, caster sugar, vanilla extract, lemon, mars bars, whipping cream, chocolate, sprinkles and ice cream cones.