- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 248
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Indian bean, broccoli & carrot salad
- green-bean - 250g green bean, trimmed
- broccoli - 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- vegetable-oil - 2 tsp vegetable oil
- mustard-seed - 2 tsp black mustard seed
- chilli-flakes - 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- frozen-pea - 100g frozen pea (or use fresh)
- carrot - 3 large carrots, grated
- coriander - large bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- sunflower-seed - 3 tbsp sunflower seed
- natural-yogurt - 200ml natural yogurt
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, peeled and grated
- ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- ground-cumin - 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- lime - juice and zest 1 lime
- mint - 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- pitta-bread - pitta bread, to serve (optional)
- Cook the green beans in a large pan of boiling salted water for 4-5 mins, adding the broccoli after the first 2 mins. Once all the vegetables are tender, drain well. Meanwhile, mix all the raita ingredients together, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and toast the mustard seeds and chilli flakes for a few mins until fragrant. Add the peas, green beans and broccoli, tossing until heated through. Turn off the heat and stir in the carrots and coriander.
- Serve the salad warm (or cold for a working lunch) with a dollop of raita, sprinkled with sunflower seeds and some pitta bread, if you like.
Vegetarian salad recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has green bean, broccoli, vegetable oil, mustard seed, chilli flakes, frozen pea, carrot, coriander, sunflower seed, natural yogurt, cucumber, ginger, ground cumin, lime, mint and pitta bread.