- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 350
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 64g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.46g
Indian potato pie
- potato - 700g potato, sliced
- sweet-potato - 400g sweet potato, sliced
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- cumin-seed - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ginger - 1 thumb-size piece ginger, grated
- garam-masala - 1 tsp each ground cumin, coriander and garam masala
- chilli-flakes - pinch dried chilli flakes
- frozen-pea - 200g frozen pea
- lemon - juice 1 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
- coriander - small bunch coriander, chopped
- butter - 25g butter, melted
- filo-pastry - 275g pack filo pastry
- poppy-seed - 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan of cold, salted water, then bring to the boil. Turn down and simmer for 5 mins, add the sweet potatoes and continue to cook for 8 mins until just tender. Drain really
- Fry the onion in the oil until soft, add the cumin seeds for 1 min, then stir in the garlic, chilli and ginger with the remaining spices. Cook for a further 2-3 mins, then turn off the heat and stir into the potatoes with the peas, lemon juice and coriander.
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Halve the filo sheets, and use two-thirds of them, overlapping, to line a 22cm loose-bottomed cake tin with a little overhang. As you lay in each sheet, brush with melted butter and keep the rest covered with a clean tea towel. Spoon in filling and press down lightly. Cover with remaining filo, then fold up overhanging sides and scrunch up pastry near the edges.
- Poke several slits in the top of the pastry and brush with more butter. Sprinkle with the poppy seeds. Bake for 40-45 mins until golden brown. Serve either hot or at room temperature with lemon wedges.
Healthy sweet potato recipe for 6 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has potato, sweet potato, onion, olive oil, cumin seed, garlic clove, red chilli, ginger, garam masala, chilli flakes, frozen pea, lemon, coriander, butter, filo pastry and poppy seed.