- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 410
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 57g
- Sugar Content: 37g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.88g
Jaffa drizzle loaf
- butter - 140g butter, softened
- self-raising-flour - 200g self-raising flour
- baking-powder - 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- golden-caster-sugar - 200g golden caster sugar
- egg - 3 large eggs
- milk - 6 tbsp milk
- orange - finely grated zest 1 large orange
- orange-juice - 3 tbsp orange juice
- golden-caster-sugar - 50g golden caster sugar
- dark-chocolate - 50g dark chocolate
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter and line the base of a 1.2-litre loaf tin. Put all the cake ingredients into a bowl and beat with a hand whisk or wooden spoon for 3-5 mins, until light and fluffy. Spoon the mix into the tin and level the top.
- Bake for 40-50 mins, until golden brown and firm to the touch. Meanwhile, heat the orange juice and sugar gently in a small pan, stirring until dissolved. When the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven and spoon over the orange mix. Leave to cool in the tin, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Break up the chocolate and melt over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave on Medium for 1-2 mins. Drizzle over the cake and leave to set.
Fruity cake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 55 mins; recipe has butter, self-raising flour, baking powder, golden caster sugar, egg, milk, orange, orange juice, golden caster sugar and dark chocolate.