- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 417
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
Jerk chicken burger
- chicken-breast - 2 skinless chicken breasts
- thyme-sprig - few thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- jerk-seasoning - 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- lime - juice 1 lime
- roll - 2 large bread rolls
- mango - 1/2 small mango, stoned, peeled and sliced
- tomato - 1 tomato, sliced
- little-gem-lettuce - 1 Little Gem lettuce heart, shredded
- mayonnaise - 2 tbsp mayonnaise and ketchup, to serve (optional)
- Put the chicken breasts in between pieces of cling film and bash with a rolling pin to flatten. Mix together the thyme, oil, jerk seasoning and half the lime juice in a bowl. Add the chicken and leave to marinate for 5 mins.
- Heat agriddle panuntil hot and cook the chicken for 4-5 mins each side or until cooked through. Remove from the heat. Meanwhile, toast the cut sides of the buns for 1-2 mins.
- Put the chicken on the buns and top with the mango, tomato and a handful of lettuce. Squeeze over the rest of the lime and top with mayo and ketchup, if you like.
Healthy takeaway recipe for 2 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has chicken breast, thyme sprig, olive oil, jerk seasoning, lime, roll, mango, tomato, little gem lettuce and mayonnaise.