- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 263
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 37g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Jerk chicken kebabs with mango salsa
- jerk-seasoning - 2 tsp jerk seasoning (we used Bart)
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- lime - juice 1 lime
- chicken-breast - 4 skinless chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- yellow-pepper - 1 large yellow pepper, cut into 2cm cubes
- rocket - 100g bag rocket leaves, to serve
- mango - 320g pack mango chunks, diced
- red-pepper - 1 large red pepper, deseeded and diced
- spring-onion - bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, chopped (optional)
- Mix together the jerk seasoning, olive oil and lime juice. Toss the chicken in it and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 20 mins, or up to 24 hours.
- Make the salsa by mixing all the ingredients together with some seasoning - add a chopped red chilli if you like extra heat.
- Heat the grill or barbecue to Medium. Thread the chicken onto 8 metal skewers divided by the yellow peppers - aim for 3 of each per skewer. Cook for 8 mins each side until cooked through and lightly charred. Serve with the salsa and rocket leaves.
Healthy kebab recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has jerk seasoning, olive oil, lime, chicken breast, yellow pepper, rocket, mango, red pepper, spring onion and red chilli.