- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 451
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 57g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 30g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Jerk pork & pineapple skewers with black beans & rice
- pork-fillet - 400g pork fillet, cut into 4cm chunks
- seasoning - 2 tbsp jerk or Creole seasoning
- allspice - 1 tsp ground allspice
- chilli-sauce - 1 tbsp hot chilli sauce, plus extra to serve (optional)
- lime - 3 limes, zest and juice 1, other 2 cut into wedges to serve
- pineapple - 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 4cm chunks
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- basmati-rice - 200g basmati rice
- black-bean - 400g can black bean, drained and rinsed
- Mix together the pork, jerk seasoning, allspice, chilli sauce, if using, lime zest and juice, and some seasoning. Thread the pork and pineapple onto metal skewers (or pre-soaked wooden skewers) and brush with the oil.
- Cook rice following pack instructions. Drain well, then put back in the saucepan with the beans, stir and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat agriddle panuntil very hot. Cook the skewers for 3 mins on each side until nicely charred and the pork is cooked through. Serve skewers with the beans and rice, extra chilli sauce, if you like, and lime wedges for squeezing over.
Dairy-free dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has pork fillet, seasoning, allspice, chilli sauce, lime, pineapple, vegetable oil, basmati rice and black bean.