- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 209
- Fat Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Sugar Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Jerk sweet potato & black bean curry
- onion - 2 onions, 1 diced, 1 roughly chopped
- sunflower-oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- ginger - 50g ginger, roughly chopped
- coriander - small bunch coriander, leaves and stalks separated
- jerk-seasoning - 3 tbsp jerk seasoning
- thyme - 2 thyme sprigs
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- red-wine-vinegar - 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- demerara-sugar - 3 tbsp demerara sugar
- vegetable-stock - 2 vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- sweet-potato - 1kg sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- black-bean - 2 x 400g cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- red-pepper - 450g jar roasted red pepper, cut into thick slices
- Gently soften the diced onion in the sunflower oil in a big pan or casserole.
- Meanwhile, whizz together the roughly chopped onion, ginger, coriander stalks and jerk seasoning with a hand-held blender. Add to the softened onion and fry until fragrant. Stir in the thyme, chopped tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and stock cubes with 600ml water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 mins, then drop in the sweet potatoes and simmer for 10 mins more. Stir in the beans, peppers and some seasoning, and simmer for another 5 mins until the potatoes are almost tender. Cool and chill for up to 2 days.
- To serve, gently heat through on the hob. Roughly chop most of the coriander leaves and stir in, then serve scattered with the remaining leaves.
Healthy sweet potato recipe for 10 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has onion, sunflower oil, ginger, coriander, jerk seasoning, thyme, chopped tomato, red wine vinegar, demerara sugar, vegetable stock, sweet potato, black bean and red pepper.