- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 243
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.63g
Jerusalem artichoke & horseradish soup
- jerusalem-artichoke - 650g Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- vegetable-stock - 600g vegetable stock
- medium-potato - 1 medium potato diced
- horseradish - 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- chopped-fresh-chives - 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives plus extra to garnish
- double-cream - 4 tbsp double cream
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Put the artichokes in a roasting tin and drizzle with the oil. Bake for 30 mins until tender. remove from the oven, then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, bring the stock to the boil, add the potato and simmer for 5-10 mins until tender. When the artichokes are cool enough to handle, carefully peel away the skins and transfer the flesh to a food processor. Add the potatoes and a little of the vegetable stock, then process until smooth.
- Return the processed mixture to the remaining stock, stir together and heat gently through. Stir in the horseradish sauce and chopped chives, then season generously to taste. Ladle the soup into bowls and top each with a tablespoon of the cream. Serve soup garnished with the fresh chives.
Vegetarian soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has jerusalem artichoke, olive oil, vegetable stock, medium potato, horseradish, chopped fresh chives and double cream.