- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 276
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 56g
- Sugar Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.14g
Juicy Lucy pudding
- frozen-fruits-of-the-forest - 350g packet frozen fruits of the forest, defrosted
- light-muscovado-sugar - 3 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- blueberry - 4 tbsp no-added-sugar wild blueberry jam (we used St Dalfour, from larger supermarket branches)
- pear - 6 medium-sized ripe pears, peeled, quartered and cored
- breadcrumb - 50g fresh white breadcrumb
- butter - 25g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5/ fan 170C. Mix the fruits of the forest in a large bowl with the sugar and jam, then add the pears and toss to mix. Tip into a deep baking dish measuring about 18x28cm, cover with foil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Pierce a pear or two to see if they are really tender; if not, return dish to the oven for another 5 minutes or until they feel soft.
- Mix breadcrumbs with the butter and scatter over the fruit. Bake uncovered in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Serve hot.
Diabetes-friendly recipe for 4 – 6 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has frozen fruits of the forest, light muscovado sugar, blueberry, pear, breadcrumb and butter.