- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 403
- Fat Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 25g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Kale & apple soup with walnuts
- walnut-half - 8 walnut halves, broken into pieces
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- carrot - 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- apple - 2 red apples, unpeeled and finely chopped
- cider-vinegar - 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- vegetable-stock - 500ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- kale - 200g kale, roughly chopped
- apple-crisp - 20g pack of dried apple crisps (optional)
- In a dry, non-stick frying pan, cook the walnut pieces for 2-3 mins until toasted, turning frequently so they don't burn. Take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Put the onion, carrots, apples, vinegar and stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Once the onion is translucent and the apples start to soften, add the kale and simmer for an additional 2 mins. Carefully transfer to a blender or liquidiser and blend until very smooth. Pour into bowls and serve topped with the toasted walnuts, and a sprinkling of apple crisps, if you like.
Dairy-free lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has walnut half, onion, carrot, apple, cider vinegar, vegetable stock, kale and apple crisp.