- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 574
- Fat Content: 29g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 22g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
Kale & smoky bacon pasta
- pasta - 300g pasta (we used wholewheat fusilli)
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- bacon-lardon - 180g pack smoked bacon lardons
- garlic-clove - 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- pine-nut - 4 tbsp pine nuts
- kale - 200g chopped curly kale
- cream-cheese - 3 tbsp cream cheese
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Boil a large pan of water and cook the pasta following pack instructions.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the lardons for a few mins until golden and a little crisp. Stir in the garlic, red chilli and pine nuts, then cook for 1 min more until the garlic and chilli are softened and the pine nuts just toasted.
- Turn up the heat and add the kale to the pan with a splash of water, cover and cook for 3-4 mins until wilted. Drain the cooked pasta and add to the pan with the cream cheese and lemon juice. Toss together, taste, and season with black pepper.
Quick winter recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has pasta, olive oil, bacon lardon, garlic clove, red chilli, pine nut, kale, cream cheese and lemon.Add to Favourites