- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 542
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 63g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Kedgeree with poached egg
- long-grain-rice - 300g long grain rice
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- fish - 390g pack fish pie mix, defrosted if frozen
- curry-powder - 1 heaped tbsp mild or medium curry powder
- lemon - juice 1 lemon
- parsley - 1/4 small pack parsley, chopped
- egg - 4 eggs
- Cook the rice following pack instructions, then drain and set aside. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 5 mins. Toss the fish pieces with the curry powder and remaining oil. Add to the pan. Cook for another 5 mins, stirring carefully and turning the fish.
- Add the rice to the pan and turn up the heat, then stir well (the fish will break up a little). Cook for 1-2 mins, then stir in the lemon and parsley. Turn the heat down as low as it will go, and put on a lid.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, turn down the heat and poach the eggs. Season the kedgeree and divide between plates, topping each with a poached egg.
Healthy egg recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has long grain rice, olive oil, onion, garlic clove, fish, curry powder, lemon, parsley and egg.