- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 205
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Keralan vegetable curry
- squash - 1kg mix of vegetables including aubergine, carrot, okra, plantain, potato and squash, prepared appropriately and cut into chunks
- turmeric - 2 tsp turmeric
- green-chilli - 5 small green chillies, 4 chopped, 1 left whole but split lengthways
- ground-cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- ground-coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- coconut - 200g/7oz freshly grated coconut (see step-by-step prep guide)
- onion - 1 small onion, chopped
- curry-leaf - 10 curry leaves
- yogurt - 150ml plain yogurt
- Place all the vegetables in a saucepan and cover with 500ml water. Add the turmeric and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20-25 mins until tender.
- Meanwhile, blend 4 chillies, the cumin, coriander, half the coconut, the onion and some seasoning in a food processor.
- When the vegetables are tender, add the paste, curry leaves and remaining chilli and simmer for 5 mins. Stir in the yogurt and very gently simmer for 1 min. Scatter with remaining coconut and serve.
Indian recipe for 6 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has squash, turmeric, green chilli, ground cumin, ground coriander, coconut, onion, curry leaf and yogurt.