- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 695
- Fat Content: 50.8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 27.8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Sugar Content: 37.4g
- Fiber Content: 2.1g
- Protein Content: 8.8g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Key lime pie
- Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
- Whizz 300g Hob Nobs to crumbs in afood processor(or put in a strong plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin).
- Mix with 150g melted butter and press into the base and up the sides of a 22cm loose-based tart tin. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Put 3 medium egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk for a minute with electric beaters.
- Add a can of condensed milk and whisk for 3 minutes, then add the finely grated zest and juice of 4 limes and whisk again for 3 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the cooled base then put back in the oven for 15 minutes. Cool then chill for at least 3 hours or overnight if you like. When you are ready to serve, carefully remove the pie from the tin and put on a serving plate.
- To decorate, softly whip together 300ml double cream and 1 tbsp icing sugar.
- Dollop or pipe the cream onto the top of the pie and finish with extra lime zest.
Baking recipe for 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has hob nobs, butter, condensed milk, egg yolk, lime, double cream, icing sugar and lime.