- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 282
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Kidney bean curry
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic-cloves - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ginger - thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- coriander - 1 small pack coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly shredded
- ground-cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- paprika - 1 tsp ground paprika
- garam-masala - 2 tsp garam masala
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- kidney-bean - 400g can kidney beans, in water
- basmati-rice - cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until softened and just starting to colour. Add the garlic, ginger and coriander stalks and cook for a further 2 mins, until fragrant.
- Add the spices to the pan and cook for another 1 min, by which point everything should smell aromatic. Tip in the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans in their water, then bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 mins until the curry is nice and thick. Season to taste, then serve with the basmati rice and the coriander leaves.
Healthy vegan recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, onion, garlic cloves, ginger, coriander, ground cumin, paprika, garam masala, chopped tomato, kidney bean and basmati rice.