- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 145
- Fat Content: 12.7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 0g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- kipper - pair of kippers or 350g kipper fillets (once prepared you want to have 225g flesh)
- spring-onion - 1 spring onion, sliced
- lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- cream-cheese - 75g full-fat cream cheese
- horseradish - 1 tsp grated horseradish
- baby-spinach - handful baby spinach leaves
- parsley - small bunch parsley
- toast - sourdough toast (or gluten-free alternative) and lemon wedges, to serve
- Put the kippers in a bowl and pour over boiling water so that they are completely covered. Leave for 8 mins, then drain. Meanwhile, put the remaining ingredients, except the sourdough and lemon wedges, into a food processor. Add a good grind of black pepper and whizz until everything is chopped and combined.
- Cut the heads off the kippers and remove the skin, then fillet and discard the bones. Add the kipper flesh to the processor and whizz again until you have a smooth pate. Pack in a suitable container and chill. Serve with sourdough toast and lemon wedges.
Christmas pate and terrine recipe for 4 – 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has kipper, spring onion, lemon, cream cheese, horseradish, baby spinach, parsley and toast.