- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 537
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 60g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Sodium Content: 1.33g
Korean rice pot
- chicken-stock - 500ml/ 18 fl oz hot chicken stock
- long-grain-rice - 250g/ 9oz long grain rice
- turkey - 300g/ 11oz cooked turkey, diced
- baby-spinach - 250g/ 9oz baby spinach
- carrot - 2 carrots, shredded
- sesame-oil - 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- sesame-seed - 1 tsp toasted sesame seed
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- egg - 4 eggs
- chilli-sauce - 2 tbsp thick chilli sauce
- Pour the chicken stock into a large pan and bring to the boil. Add the rice and turkey, bring back to the boil and simmer for 12-15 mins until the stock has been absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander and pour over a kettle of hot water to lightly wilt. Keep the spinach and carrots separate, but dress both with the sesame oil and seeds.
- Cover the cooked rice with a lid and leave to sit for a couple of mins. Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a non-stick pan set over a high heat. Fry eggs so the white crisps up nicely round the edges.
- Spoon the rice into large bowls and arrange the spinach and carrots on top. Finish each with a fried egg and a dollop of chilli sauce. Serve immediately.
Healthy one-pot recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has chicken stock, long grain rice, turkey, baby spinach, carrot, sesame oil, sesame seed, vegetable oil, egg and chilli sauce.