- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 319
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Lamb dopiaza with broccoli rice
- lamb-leg-steak - 225g lamb leg steaks, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 2 1/2 cm/ 1in chunks
- natural-bio-yogurt - 50g full-fat natural bio yogurt, plus 4 tbsp to serve
- curry-powder - 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- onion - 2 medium onions, 1 thinly sliced, 1 cut into 5 wedges
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- ginger - 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- red-chilli - 1 small red chilli, finely chopped (deseeded if you don't like it too hot)
- tomatoes - 200g tomatoes, roughly chopped
- split-red-lentils - 50g dried split red lentils, rinsed
- coriander - 1/2 small pack of coriander, roughly chopped, plus extra to garnish
- baby-leaf-spinach - 100g pack baby leaf spinach
- brown-rice - 100g wholegrain brown rice
- broccoli - 100g small broccoli florets
- Put the lamb in a large bowl and season well with ground black pepper. Add the yogurt and 1/ 2 tbsp of the curry powder, and stir well to combine.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick saucepan. Fry the onion wedges over a high heat for 4-5 mins or until lightly browned and just tender. Tip onto a plate, set aside and return the pan to the heat.
- Add the remaining oil, the sliced onions, garlic, ginger and chilli, cover and cook for 10 mins or until very soft, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid, increase the heat and cook for 2-3 mins more or until the onions are tinged with brown - this will add lots of flavour, but make sure they don't get burnt.
- Reduce the heat once more and stir in the tomatoes and remaining curry powder. Cook for 1 min, then stir the lamb and yogurt into the pan and cook over a medium-high heat for 4-5 mins, stirring regularly.
- Pour 300ml cold water into the pan, stir in the lentils and coriander, cover with a lid and leave to cook over a low heat for 45 mins - the sauce should be simmering gently and you can add a splash of water if the curry gets a little dry. Remove the lid every 10-15 mins and stir the curry.
- With half an hour of the curry cooking time remaining, cook the rice in plenty of boiling water for 25 mins or until just tender. Add the broccoli florets and cook for a further 3 mins. Drain well.
- Remove the lid from the curry, add the reserved onion wedges and continue to simmer over a high heat for a further 15 mins or until the lamb is tender, stirring regularly. Just before serving, stir in the spinach, a handful at a time, and let it wilt. Serve with the yogurt, coriander and broccoli rice.
Healthy lamb recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has lamb leg steak, natural bio yogurt, curry powder, rapeseed oil, onion, garlic clove, ginger, red chilli, tomatoes, split red lentils, coriander, baby leaf spinach, brown rice and broccoli.Add to Favourites