- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 425
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 32g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Lamb & quinoa burgers with beetroot tzatziki
- quinoa - 50g quinoa
- beetroot - 300g (3 or 4) cooked, vacuum-packed beetroot (not in vinegar), drained
- natural-yogurt - 250g natural yogurt
- mint - small bunch mint, chopped
- lamb-mince - 500g lamb mince
- dill - small bunch dill, chopped
- oil - 1/2 tbsp oil, for cooking (optional)
- carrots - 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- red-onions - 1 large or 2 small red onions, halved and finely sliced
- pitta-bread - pitta bread, wraps or burger buns to serve
- Cook the quinoa in plenty of boiling water for 10-15 mins (don't worry if it still has a little bite), then drain well and leave to cool. Grate the beetroot and mix with the yogurt, half the mint and some seasoning. Chill until ready to serve.
- Use your hands to squish together the cooked quinoa, the lamb, the remaining mint, half the dill and some seasoning. Shape into four burger patties. Heat a large frying pan (if it's non-stick, you won't need oil as the lamb mince is already fatty; otherwise, add a drizzle of oil). Cook the burgers for 5-8 mins on each side until they have a nice golden crust and are cooked through, then leave them to rest for a few mins.
- Mix the carrots, onions and the remaining dill in a bowl. Gently warm the wraps or buns, then pile with the carrot mix, add the lamb patties and top with a dollop of the beetroot tzatziki.
Family meal recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has quinoa, beetroot, natural yogurt, mint, lamb mince, dill, oil, carrots, red onions and pitta bread.