- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 356
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Sodium Content: 0.99g
Lamb souvlaki skewers
- lamb - 1 1/2 kg lamb leg or shoulder (fat trimmed), cut into chunks
- olive-oil - 100ml olive oil
- red-wine - 100ml red wine
- oregano - 2 tsp dried oregano
- lemon - zest and juice 2 lemons
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- chilli-sauce - flatbread, shredded red cabbage (tossed with lemon juice), cucumber, tomato, chilli sauce and natural yogurt
- Put the lamb into a large bowl or strong food bag. Add the olive oil, wine, oregano, lemon zest and juice, garlic and black pepper - don't add salt yet. Mix together so that all the lamb is completely coated, then chill and marinate for at least a few hrs or overnight.
- Lift the chunks of lamb out of the marinade and thread onto 10 metal skewers, or wooden ones that have been soaked. Freeze (see freezing tips, below), or heat a grill, barbecue or griddle pan if you want to eat them straight away.
- Season the meat with salt, then cook the skewers for 10-12 mins, turning, until cooked to your liking. Serve tucked into warm flatbreads with salad and drizzle with chilli sauce and yogurt.
Holiday-at-home recipe for 10 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has lamb, olive oil, red wine, oregano, lemon, garlic clove and chilli sauce.