- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 544
- Fat Content: 45g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 30g
- Sodium Content: 1.81g
Lamb steaks with artichoke salad
- lamb - 2 lamb leg steaks
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- smoked-paprika - 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- chicory - 1 red chicory head, separated into leaves
- artichoke - 280g jar chargrilled artichoke, drained but a little liquid reserved
- watercress - 1/2 x 100g bag watercress
- bread - crusty bread, to serve
- Put the lamb in a bowl with the garlic, olive oil, paprika and some seasoning. Mix well then leave for 5 mins.
- Tear the chicory leaves into pieces and mix with the artichokes and watercress. Drizzle over a little of the reserved artichoke liquid.
- Heat a griddle pan or barbecue until smoking, then add the lamb. Cook for 5-6 mins, turning half way. Slice the lamb, arrange on top of the salad and pour over any juices. Serve with crusty bread if you like.
Paleo recipe for 2 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has lamb, garlic clove, olive oil, smoked paprika, chicory, artichoke, watercress and bread.