- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 359
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Layered aubergine & lentil bake
- aubergine - 2 aubergines, cut into 1/2 cm slices lengthways
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- puy-lentils - 140g Puy lentils
- onion - 2 onions, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- butternut-squash - 300g cooked butternut squash
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- basil-leaf - 1/2 small pack basil leaves
- mozzarella - 125g ball of mozzarella, torn
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Brush both sides of the aubergine slices with 2 tbsp of the oil, lay on baking sheets, season and bake for 15-20 mins until tender, turning once. Cook the lentils following pack instructions.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Tip in the onions and garlic and cook until soft. Stir though the squash and the tomatoes, plus 1/2 can of water. Simmer for 10-15 mins until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the lentils, basil and seasoning.
- Spoon a layer of lentils into a small baking dish. Top with aubergine slices and repeat, finishing with a layer of aubergine. Scatter with mozzarella and bake for a further 15 mins until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
Light supper recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has aubergine, olive oil, puy lentils, onion, garlic clove, butternut squash, chopped tomato, basil leaf and mozzarella.