- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 428
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Sugar Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 40g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Lean turkey burger with sweet potato wedges
- sweet-potato - 1 large sweet potato (about 190g), cut into wedges
- turkey-breast-mince - 260g turkey breast mince (under 5% fat)
- red-onion - 1 small red onion, diced
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, grated
- egg - 1 large egg, beaten
- apple - 1 apple (about 70g), peeled and grated
- oregano - 2 tsp dried oregano
- paprika - 1 tsp paprika
- coconut-oil - 15g coconut oil
- green-vegetables - 135g green vegetables (spinach, kale, broccoli, mangetout or green beans)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Zap the sweet potato wedges in the microwave for about 6 mins on full power until just turning soft. Leave to rest for 30 secs.
- While the sweet potato is spinning in the microwave, mix the mince in a bowl with the onion, garlic, egg and apple. Get your hands stuck in and work the ingredients together with a good pinch of salt and pepper, the oregano and paprika. Shape the mixture into two burgers about 3cm thick. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 15-20 mins until cooked through.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the sweet potato wedges and shallow-fry for about 3 mins each side until they are nicely browned all over and cooked through to the centre. (Alternatively, toss in the oil and roast in the oven for 15-20 mins.) Drain on kitchen paper, then season with a good pinch of salt.
- Serve the burgers with the sweet potato wedges and a portion of green veg either steamed, blanched or boiled.
Healthy sweet potato recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has sweet potato, turkey breast mince, red onion, garlic clove, egg, apple, oregano, paprika, coconut oil and green vegetables.Add to Favourites