- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 305
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
Leek, fennel & potato soup with cashel blue cheese
- fennel - 2 heads fennel
- leek - 3 large leeks, trimmed, washed and finely sliced
- butter - 60g butter
- potato - 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- chicken-stock - 900ml chicken stock or water
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, sliced
- double-cream - 100ml double cream
- walnut - 50g walnuts, toasted
- cashel-blue-cheese - 75g Cashel Blue cheese, crumbled
- Quarter the fennel and discard the tough outer leaves and the hard core from each piece.Slicethe rest of the flesh, including any little fronds.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the fennel, leeks and potato. Cook over a medium heat for about 5 mins, turning the vegetables over in the butter. The vegetables shouldn't colour. Add a splash of water, cover the pan and cook the vegetables for 20 mins, stirring every so often. Add the stock or water and garlic, season, bring to the boil, then turn the heat down low and cover the pan with a lid or foil.
- Cook for about 10-15 mins, until everything is completely tender. Stir in the cream and leave to cool. Puree in ablenderuntil completely smooth. Check the seasoning and return the mixture to the saucepan - you can reheat it quickly just before serving. Ladle into bowls and scatter each one with the walnuts and cheese.
Soup recipe for 6 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has fennel, leek, butter, potato, chicken stock, garlic clove, double cream, walnut and cashel blue cheese.