- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 876
- Fat Content: 60g
- Saturated Fat Content: 22g
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 30g
- Sodium Content: 2g
Leek & greens lasagne
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for the tin
- butter - 50g butter
- bay-leaf - 1 bay leaf
- rosemary-sprig - rosemary sprig, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- leek - 3 leeks, cleaned and rough green ends discarded, 1 finely sliced and 2 cut into medium slices
- plain-flour - 40g plain flour
- milk - 500ml milk
- nutmeg - fresh nutmeg, for grating
- cheddar - 100g cheddar, grated
- parmesan - 30g parmesan, grated
- garlic-cloves - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- green-chilli - 1/2 green chilli, sliced
- mixed-green-leaves - 400g mixed green leaves, such as kale, chard and spinach, roughly chopped
- white-wine - 100ml dry white wine
- walnut - 100g walnuts
- artichoke-hearts - 280g jar preserved artichoke hearts in oil, drained
- ricotta - 100g ricotta
- dried-lasagne-sheets - 6 dried lasagne sheets
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Heat 1 tbsp oil with the butter over a medium heat. Add the bay leaf, rosemary and finely sliced leek, season and cook for a few mins until the leek has softened.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 min more until the roux smells nutty. Take off the heat, slowly pour in the milk and whisk out any lumps.
- Return to the heat and whisk slowly until thick and smooth, about 5 mins. Season well with grated nutmeg, then add 3/4 of the cheddar and parmesan, cooking until they are melted. Set aside.
- In another pan, heat 2 tbsp oil over a medium heat and fry the garlic and chilli for a couple of mins until aromatic. Add the rest of the leeks, season and fry until softened, then add the mixed greens and season a little more. Cook, stirring, until the greens have wilted, about 4 mins, then pour in the wine and cook until it evaporates.
- Oil a medium roasting tin (about 20cm square) and tip half the greens into the tin. Dot half the walnuts over the top, and nestle in a third of the artichoke hearts. Dot over half the ricotta. Remove the bay leaf from the leek bechamel and pour over a third of it. Top with three lasagne sheets to cover everything in a at layer. Repeat the process, then cover the top layer of lasagne sheets with the remaining bechamel and artichokes and scatter over the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins, until golden and bubbling. Rest for 10 mins, then serve with a sharply dressed grated carrot and beetroot salad.
Pasta bake recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, butter, bay leaf, rosemary sprig, leek, plain flour, milk, nutmeg, cheddar, parmesan, garlic cloves, green chilli, mixed green leaves, white wine, walnut, artichoke hearts, ricotta and dried lasagne sheets.Add to Favourites