- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 460
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 49g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Sodium Content: 2.1g
Lemon chicken with fruity olive couscous
- chicken-breast - 4 skinless chicken breasts
- lemon - juice 2 lemons
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- chilli-flakes - 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- couscous - 200g couscous
- sultana - 85g sultana
- chicken-stock - 250ml hot chicken stock
- green-olive - 85g pitted green olive
- chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, drained
- flat-leaf-parsley - 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by cutting through the thickest part of the breast, stopping 1cm before the edge, then opening out like a book. Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, chilli flakes and garlic. Pour half over the chicken and marinate for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous and sultanas in a bowl, then pour over the stock. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 5 mins.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick frying pan, remove the chicken from the marinade and cook for 4 mins on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir in the olives, chickpeas, parsley and the other half of the marinade. Season and serve with the chicken.
Quick chicken recipe for 4 people, takes only 8 mins; recipe has chicken breast, lemon, olive oil, chilli flakes, garlic clove, couscous, sultana, chicken stock, green olive, chickpea and flat-leaf parsley.