- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 372
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 44g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Lemon cod with basil bean mash
- cherry-tomato - 2 small bunches cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- cod - chunks skinless cod or other white fish fillet
- lemon - zest 1 lemon, plus juice of 1/2
- soya-bean - 240g pack frozen soya beans
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove
- basil - bunch basil, leaves and stalks separated
- vegetable-stock - 100ml low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the tomatoes onto a baking tray, rub with a little oil and some seasoning, then roast for 5 mins until the skins are starting to split. Add the fish to the tray, top with most of the lemon zest and some more seasoning, then drizzle with a little more oil. Roast for 8-10 mins until the fish flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in a pan of boiling water for 3 mins until just tender. Drain, then tip into a food processor with the rest of the oil, garlic, basil stalks, lemon juice and stock, then pulse to a thick, slightly rough puree. Season to taste.
- Divide the tomatoes and mash between two plates, top with the cod, then scatter with basil leaves and the remaining lemon zest to serve.
Cholesterol-friendly recipe for 2 people, takes only 18 mins; recipe has cherry tomato, olive oil, cod, lemon, soya bean, garlic clove, basil and vegetable stock.