- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 236
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 43g
- Sugar Content: 34g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Lemon drizzle slices
- unsalted-butter - 70g softened unsalted butter
- caster-sugar - 120g caster sugar
- medium-egg - 2 medium eggs
- self-raising-flour - 140g self-raising flour
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- lemon - finely grated zest 1 lemon
- lemon-curd - 1 tbsp lemon curd
- milk - 2 tbsp full-fat milk
- granulated-sugar - 30g granulated sugar
- lemon - juice 1 lemon
- icing-sugar - 250g icing sugar
- water - 3 tbsp water
- food-colouring - splash of yellow food colouring
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Line a 20 x 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment.
- Using anelectric whisk, beat the butter and sugar together until pale, light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix again. Add the flour, baking powder, lemon zest, lemon curd and milk, and mix with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Mix the sugar and lemon juice together and pour over the hot cake. Leave to cool in the tin. You can eat the cake as it is, or for a fancy finish, try making this feather icing.
- Mix the icing sugar with just enough water to give a runny, but not watery, icing. Put a small amount of icing in a separate bowl. Add a few drops of the food colouring to the icing until pale yellow. Spoon into a disposable icing bag.
- Remove the cake from the tin and peel off the baking parchment. Sit the cake on a wire rack over a baking tray. Spread the white icing over the top. Pipe thin lines of the coloured icing across the width of the cake. Use a cocktail stick to drag through the lines in opposite directions to create a feathered effect. Leave to set before cutting into slices.
Traybake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has unsalted butter, caster sugar, medium egg, self-raising flour, baking powder, lemon, lemon curd, milk, granulated sugar, lemon, icing sugar, water and food colouring.