- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 513
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Sugar Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 21g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Lemon roast vegetables with yogurt tahini & pomegranate
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- aubergine - 1 aubergine, diced
- red-onion - 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- lemon - 1 unwaxed lemon, 1/4 finely chopped (skin and all), the rest juiced
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil, plus extra to drizzle (optional)
- chickpea - 400g can chickpeas in water, drained
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove
- tahini - 2 tbsp tahini
- natural-bio-yogurt - 3 tbsp natural bio yogurt
- pomegranate - seeds from 1/2 a pomegranate
- parsley - 1/3 small pack parsley or coriander, chopped
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 7. Put the vegetables and chopped lemon in a large flameproof roasting tin and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Massage into the veg so they are all well coated, then put the tin on the hob and fry, stirring, for 5 mins until starting to char. Stir in two handfuls of the chickpeas, and roast in the oven for 15 mins.
- Put the rest of the chickpeas in a bowl with the garlic, tahini, yogurt, lemon juice and 3 tbsp water, and blitz with a stick blender until really smooth and thick.
- Spoon the yogurt tahini onto two plates and top with the roasted veg, pomegranate seeds and parsley. Season with black pepper and a drizzle of extra oil, if you like.
Vegetarian lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has red pepper, aubergine, red onion, lemon, rapeseed oil, chickpea, garlic clove, tahini, natural bio yogurt, pomegranate and parsley.