- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 396
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 40g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
Lemon & rosemary pork with chickpea salad
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- rosemary - 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- garlic - 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- lemon - juice and zest 1/2 lemon
- pork-steak - 4 boneless pork steaks, trimmed of fat
- red-onion - 1 red onion, finely sliced
- sherry-vinegar - 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- chickpea - 2 x 400g/14oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- mixed-salad-leaves - 110g bag mixed salad leaves
- Mix olive oil, rosemary, garlic, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl. Add pork, turn to coat and season well. If you have time marinate in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan. Lift the pork out of the marinade, shaking off any excess and reserving the marinade for later. Cook the pork in the pan for 3-4 mins each side or until cooked through. Rest on a plate while you make the salad.
- Pour the reserved marinade into the pan with the onion. Cook for 1 min over a high heat before adding the vinegar, plus 3 tbsp water. Bubble down for 1 min, until the onion has softened a little and the dressing thickened slightly. Stir through chickpeas, some salt and pepper and any of the resting juices from the pork. Put salad leaves into a bowl, tip in the pan contents and gently toss, before eating immediately with the pork.
Healthy summer recipe for 4 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has olive oil, rosemary, garlic, lemon, pork steak, red onion, sherry vinegar, chickpea and mixed salad leaves.