- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 206
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 3g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 0.69g
Lemon & thyme turkey burgers
- sunflower-oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- turkey - 500g pack minced turkey
- lemon - zest 1 lemon
- thyme-leaf - 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp dried
- parsley - 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- streaky-bacon - 4 thin rashers streaky bacon
- tomato-sauce - buns, lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and tomato sauce, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion, fry for a few mins until lightly browned and soft, then cool. Mix the turkey with the lemon zest, thyme, parsley, onion and seasoning until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 4 burgers and wrap a rasher of bacon around each. Put in a roasting tin, bake for 20-25 mins, then pan-fry for a few mins on each side to crisp up the bacon. Serve in a bun with lettuce, sliced tomato, tomato sauce and vegetable chips (recipe below).
Burger recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, onion, turkey, lemon, thyme leaf, parsley, streaky bacon and tomato sauce.