- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 364
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Lemon & yogurt chicken flatbreads
- chicken-breasts - 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- lemon - 1 lemon
- oregano - 1 tsp dried oregano (optional)
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- cinnamon - pinch of cinnamon
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- flatbread - 4 flatbreads
- greek-yogurt - 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- red-pepper - 1/4 red pepper, finely chopped
- little-gem-lettuce - 1 Little Gem lettuce, finely chopped
- Put the chicken in a bowl. Pare strips of zest from the lemon using avegetable peeler, then juice the lemon too. Add the peel and half the juice to the chicken, along with the oregano (if using), garlic, cinnamon and oil. Mix well, cover and chill for an hour. The lemon juice will start to 'cook' the chicken, so don't leave for longer.
- Heat the barbecue. If you are using coals, wait until they turn white. If you are indoors, heat agriddle pan. Thread the chicken strips onto a couple of metal skewers to stop them falling through the grate (you don't need to do this for the griddle), then grill for a couple of mins each side. The strips will cook through quickly so don't leave them too long. Season if you like.
- Warm the flatbreads on the edge of the barbecue (or on the griddle) for a minute, then transfer them to plates and spread each with 1/2 tbsp yogurt. Divide the chicken strips between them, then dot on the remaining yogurt and sprinkle over the pepper and lettuce. Fold or roll the flatbreads to eat.
Healthy summer recipe for 4 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has chicken breasts, lemon, oregano, garlic clove, cinnamon, olive oil, flatbread, greek yogurt, red pepper and little gem lettuce.