- Serving: 3
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 493
- Fat Content: 19.1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 50.6g
- Sugar Content: 7.3g
- Fiber Content: 7.7g
- Protein Content: 29.5g
- Sodium Content: 1.6g
Lentil & bacon soup
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, diced
- pancetta - 2 x 70g packs pancetta cubes
- carrot - 1 carrot (about 120g), finely diced
- ground-cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp turmeric
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- chilli - 1 chilli, sliced
- stock - 2 low-salt stock cubes
- red-lentil - 250g red lentils, rinsed
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, 1 pack of pancetta and the carrot. Cook on a low to medium heat for 10 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the cumin, turmeric, garlic and chilli and cook for a further 1 - 2 minutes until the aromas are released.
- Pour in 1.25 litres of boiling water, crumble in the stock cubes and add the lentils. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 mins, stirring occasionally to ensure the lentils aren't sticking.
- Meanwhile, fry the remaining lardons in a small frying pan for about 10 minutes until crispy. You don't need to add any oil as plenty will run from the pancetta.
- Serve the soup with a sprinkle of crispy lardons on top.
Soup recipe for 3 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, pancetta, carrot, ground cumin, turmeric, garlic clove, chilli, stock and red lentil.