- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 598
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 82g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
Lentil kofta with orzo & feta
- green-lentil - 2 x 400g cans cooked green lentils, drained
- egg - 1 medium egg
- oat - 100g oat
- ras-el-hanout - 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- lemon - zest 1 lemon
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- chopped-tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- sugar - pinch of sugar
- orzo - 300g orzo pasta
- feta - 100g feta, crumbled
- Put the lentils, egg, oats, ras el hanout, half the parsley and the lemon zest in a food processer. Add some seasoning and blitz until finely chopped. Remove the blade, shape the mixture into balls the size of cherry tomatoes, then chill for 20 mins. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan. Add the garlic, sizzle for 30 secs, then add the tomatoes, sugar and some seasoning. Bubble the sauce for 20-25 mins until rich and thickened. While the sauce cooks, line a baking tray with foil and arrange the kofta on top. Drizzle over the remaining oil, and bake for 20 mins, rolling around in the tray halfway through cooking. Once cooked, add the kofta to the tomato sauce, gently coating each one.
- Cook the orzo following pack instructions, then drain and divide between 4 plates. Top with the sauce and kofta, crumble over the feta and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
Healthy pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has green lentil, egg, oat, ras el hanout, parsley, lemon, rapeseed oil, garlic clove, chopped tomato, sugar, orzo and feta.